Needless to say, I love chicken, especially chicken breast, wings, and legs. Whenever I go to the groceries during the weekends, I see to it that I buy chicken (breast mostly). You can do lots of things with it.
For me, I love making chicken cordon bleu, chicken teriyaki, chicken adobo or orange chicken. My mom and sister, on one hand, make amazing chicken relleno and chicken steak. I like chicken steak best, so for today, I will share how my mom makes it.
1/4 stick butter
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
10 large pieces Calamansi
4 Tbsp Soy Sauce
3/4 Chicken Breast (de-boned)
2 large white onion (sliced into rings)
Salt and Pepper
- Prepare the chicken. Take note that you must remove the skin. In my province, they say that a chicken dish tastes “malangsi or malansa” if it is not prepared correctly. Often times the off-putting taste is caused by the chicken skin and the excess water, so make sure that you drain the meat for about 10 minutes before you cook it.
- Heat the pan, and saute the garlic. Put the slices of chicken in and cook both sides. Once the meat changes color and texture, you can put the butter in.
- Add a bit of water and let it simmer.
- Season with soy sauce and calamansi juice. Again, let it simmer.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top it with the chopped onions. Cover the pan, and turn off the stove. Let the onion a bit. (I like mine raw, so I don’t really cover the pan at all.)
Love chicken too? What’s your favorite recipe? I would love to try your recipes too! Share them below!